Monday 2 May 2016

Busy Weekend

With the weather this weekend I think everyone was working yard or garden, I did too.Sun was beaming and got a bit of sun burn and "farmers tan".  So reminder, use sun screen while working in the yard and garden as it is easy to get too much of exposure.  We have seeded almost everything in the garden and transplanted 95% of the thing that we supposed to transplant (primarily into tunnels).  Had a taste of fresh garden lettuce (butter) from the garden, can't even express how tasty it was.  This was just sampling, it is going to be ready for consumption by the weekend.  It is so dry that I had to start watering yard in some spot as it was totally dry-desert like.  I am afraid that grass might die before we get any moisture in form of the rain.  Another thing I did this weekend, I attacked dandelions (love this plant but I want  to please my neighbors)  by spraying them with vinegar.  This works pretty good and does not affect adversely environment.  I do not use any chemicals for lawn treatment but use combination of mechanical extraction (hand weed removal) and or vinegar.  I know that my neighbors my think I am crazy by extracting dandelions mechanically one by one, such a tedious process but I live outside and so are my dogs and I rather not use chemicals and I am trying to convince them to use of the same approach.  We see if we will succeed.  
Now, all I will be doing is praying for rain.  It is so dry and I do not have ability to water my entire yard, so the only hope that forecast of 30-60% of rain by Friday, will materialize.

No comments:

Post a Comment