Tuesday 3 May 2016

Hot ....

It is hot out there, early May feels like middle of the summer.  My weather station recorded 27 deg C yesterday (official Env. Canad show 25.9 but the reporting station is quiet far from my place).  Had to turn sprinkler in the garden (garden beds have sprinkler) to keep moisture level up to sustain germination and growth.  Forecast today calls for 27 Deg C, so it will be more likely around 29-30.  Have to water yard in some spots as grass i dying.  I usually have "cognac" approach.  I have learned that it is criminal to water grape vines used to grow grapes for cognac production, and because of that, they grow deep roots (30-40 feet).  SO same should apply to grass as well, and it should make it grow deeper roots in search of water.  But this year I see grass so dry that I think I must water it hoping it will grow back.  So tonight I will asses and will water  where is absolutely needed.

On the different topic, northern light, I got alert last night that they were active around 11:00 PM.  I was already in bed so did not go our, but had session earlier this year (Winter) and it was spectacular display.  There seems to be some activity happening now and with clear sky, perhaps opportunity to observe this spectacular display.

No comments:

Post a Comment