Thursday 5 May 2016

Shower...

Looks like we may have gotten a rain shower this morning,will confirm later on if my weather station recorded any.   I spend evening yesterday trying to rescue lawn patches that were really dry.  Weather has cooled in the southern part of the province  and bit of moisture has materialized.  Unfortunately, North is still total inferno as of now the fire is about 85000 hectares(!!!) and still raging, moving south.  The opinion is that this fire cannot be put out using firefighting equipment alone, and only nature intervention i.e. cool and possibly rainy weather can only help.  That is not in forecast until the weekend.  I am hoping that forecast will change and relief will arrive sooner.

In the event of the crisis and people misery it is hard to talk about my adventures in the garden.  My thought are with affected people and focus i on how I can my myself useful (besides financial help).  So proud to see sign of support and altruism from people in this province and country, proud to be Canadian and Albertan. Let's keep the good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment